Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Engaged to the Unidentified (Mikakunin de Shinkoukei) Review

So I wasn't really planning on watching this but I did anyway and I decided that it deserved a review. Engaged to the Unidentified (Mikanunin de Shinkoukei) is a 7 volume manga written by Cherry-Arai adapted into a 12-episode long anime series. It was kind of good but still not the best. So here we have it and this will probably be the first spoiler free review I've posted in a while too. Enjoy!


Summary
Kobeni Yonomori recieves a gift on her 16th birthday, a fiance and sister-in-law she never knew she had, an arrangement made by her late grandfather. Kobeni's fiance, Hakuya Mitsumine and his younger sister Mashiro move to the Yonomori household as well to deepen their relationship.The story will follow the changes they must make and reveal secrets from their past.

How it Could be Better
This show has its ups and downs as most shows have. While it is very cute and funny it tends to jump around and gets confusing at times. The one thing is that this show could use some more romantic moments.

Opening and Ending
The opening and ending to this are so catchy. I'm now addicted to it like many other anime openings and endings. There both pretty kawaii!




My Conclusion
I would give this show 3.5/5 stars or a 7/10 score. It is still better than Suzuka (The other 3.5 star show I reviewed) in my opinion but not the best. It is mostly a cute kawaii comedy but there's better ones out there. Doesn't really get into much romance though. If you like cute funny anime then this is for you. Love, Chunibyo, and other Delusions is a better show though and has the romantic moments in it as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment