Sunday, March 19, 2017

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle Review

Since I finished watching this recently, I will now do a review on Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles is a 28 volume manga written by CLAMP adapted into a 52 episode anime series split into 2 seasons with 1 movie and 5 OVAs. CLAMP are a group of popular manga artists and I've seen some of their other works like Kobato and Chobits, and will be watching some of more of their works too and will be comparing it. Overall I liked this anime and this is my first review that will get more than 4 stars (I'm saving the best for last). This series has very similar characters to Cardcaptor Sakura, a magical girl series done by CLAMP. Many of the TRC characters have the same names and look just like the CCS characters including our main characters, Sakura and Syaoran.  However, there are a few things this could improve on and I will be talking about the ending which I mentioned in a couple earlier posts so.

********************************SPOILER ALERT*********************************



Summary
Syaoran, an orphaned archeologist and Princess Sakura are childhood friends. One day Syaoran discovers Sakura with feathered wings which dispear and disperse all througout different dimensions along with Sakura's memory. Syaoran must now travel through different dimenions to gather the feathers in order to restore Sakura's memory and save her life. Joining them are Kurogane, an exiled ninja from Japan country who wishes to return to his world, Fay, a runaway magician, and a magical white shaped bun creature, Mokona.


How it Could Be Better
Tsubsa Reservoir Chronicles is a very good anime yet like many good anime it has its flaws. The story can be hard to follow at times and gets quite complicated. Other than that it's still a great interesting story.

Ending
The main thing I want to rant about is the ending so if you don't want to be spoiled. DON'T READ THIS! It's so freaking obvious Sakura and Syaoran are in love and should've at least kissed. It wasn't a tragic ending but still could've been better and I know CLAMP can make better endings than that from their other works I've watched. I along with many like Sakura and Syaoran couple and wish to see more works with this series in the future. With World Chronicles that recently came out I will really hope these two get married. I mean it's so obvious they're in love and they're meant for each other, Dear CLAMP they had better get married or I will go ballistic.


My Conclusion
I would give this anime a 4.5/5 stars or a 9/10 score. It's the best anime I've reviewed but there's still better ones out there and I will probably be reviewing ones I'd say are better. Mainly the ending is the one thing that would've made this series 5 stars but other than that it's a great anime. I hope to see more from this story in the future. I've seen CLAMP's other works, and I know they know how to make a great ending particularly in Cardcaptor Sakura, Chobits, and Kobato which have great endings to them. Like I said I want the ending to go out with a bang which in my Modern Yokais/Obakes series it will. Well that's all I have for now! Enjoy my other posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment