Monday, September 10, 2018

Future GPX Cyber Formula Review

I just watched a franchise known as Future GPX Cyber Formula so I will now review it. Future GPX Cyber Formula is one of the few anime that does not have a manga. There is the original series, a 37-episode 1991 and then a few OVA series all from Sunrise. The OVAs are Future GPX Cyber Formula 11 (6 episodes, 1992), Future GPX Cyber Formula ZERO (8 episodes, 1994), Future GPX Cyber Formula Early Days Renewal (2 episodes, 1996), Future GPX Cyber Formula SAGA (8 episodes, 1996), and finally Future GPX Cyber Formula SIN (5 epiosdes 1998). I recommend watching the original anime series first and then the OVAs in the order I listed them. Future GPX Cyber Formula is a auto-racing, sci-fi, drama anime and while not tagged as one, there is a little romance in it as well. It is pretty similar to Speed Racer. Future GPX Cyber Formula was a pretty good anime and I think it deserves more attention.


Summary
Fourteen year old Hayato Kazami is the youngest driver of the Cyber Formula, a Grand Prix in which each vehicle is equipped with computers to aid in racing. With the help of Asurada, the most advanced cybernavigation system, and team Sugo, Hayato races to become the winner of the 10th Cyber Formula Grand Prix. Along the way, Hayato will have to learn what it truly means to be a racer and that victory cannot be achieved simply by driving the best machine. In addition, Kazami will have to gain the respect of the veteran racers, thwart those who attempt to steal Asurada, and participate in races outside of Cyber Formula. In the future OVA we see Hayato and his team grow and take on new challenges that come their way as well as develop the relationship with his childhood friend who is 2 years older than him, Asuka Sugo, the teams communications staff.


My Thoughts
Future GPX Cyber Formula was a pretty good anime in my opinion. While I'm not a racing fan I did enjoy this anime. Considering this anime came out in the 1990s the art and animation is pretty decent. It's a good classic that I think most people will enjoy especially those who like auto-racing shows. There is a great diversity of Characters in Future GPX Cyber Formula and I think we can all find at least one to relate to. What I really like about Future GPX Cyber Formula is that there are a few subplots to add to the main plot to add excitement. While not labeled as one, there is romance in Future GPX Cyber Formula, mainly between Hayato and Asuka. Feel free to ship them too! Overall, Future GPX Cyber Formula is a underrated classic anime that deserves more attention.


My Conclusion
I would give Future GPX Cyber Formula 4.5/5 stars or a 9/10 score. It is an exciting and enjoyable old school series. Future GPX Cyber Formula is an pretty good underrated classic anime that deserves more attention and I think every racing fan should watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment