Monday, January 16, 2017

Short OVA Reviews

Occasionally I will come across anime that are just 1-3 episode OVA's that are actually pretty decent. I will so a few short quick reviews on each of them but I will do a separate review on the Memories Off Series as it is long enough that I can do a separate review on it. The ones I will be reviewing are Princess Holiday, First Kiss Story, Good Morning Call, and True Love Story.

Princess Holiday
Isn't she beautiful?
I couldn't really find a complete subbed version of this 2 episode OVA so I just had to watch it in parts plus one was missing. I also just had to guess what the characters were saying by their actions and what happens. So Princess Holiday is a romance, harem visual novel by August Studios. Overall August is pretty underrated in what they make and the series that come from their games.

Princess Holiday takes place in a medieval town near a kingdom. Cliff Cloud returns to his hometown where his younger sister Shilphy lives. By chance Cliff meets the kingdom's princess Leticia La Mew Symphonia who has runaway from her home to get accustomed to the outside world. Leticia gives a false name Leticia Apple to those who don't know she is a princess and works at Korogaru Ringotei Pub with Cliff.

I couldn't find a full English subbed version of this 2 episode OVA series so I can't really completely judge it. I would probably give this 4/5 stars or a 8/10 score. It is actually pretty good, though not as good as some of August's other games. I like the character design and many things about this. Leticia also looks like my beautiful dream girl and if she existed in real life, she'd probably be my girlfriend.

First Kiss Story

First Kiss Story is a romance visual novel developed by HuneX. Though only 1 episode long I found it rather enjoyable as there as a good amount of romance in just 1 episode.

Kana Orikura has been feeling lonely since her older boyfriend, Yoshihiko Mizusawa left for college. A handsome new teacher, Shogo Hayakawa arrives in school and he strongly resembles Kana's father, Yuichi Orikura who passed away a few years earlier. It turns out he is a cousin of her late father and will be staying with her and her family at their house.

I would actually give this around 4/5 stars or a 8/10 score, though that's just me being generous. I like that they were able to fit an entire story into just a 1 episode OVA. There was good amount of enjoyable romance in it between Kana and Yoshihiko and the story itself was fairly decent.

Good Morning Call

Good Morning Call is a romantic comedy shojo manga by Yue Takasuka adapted into a 20 minute OVA. Overall I found this story somewhat enjoyable and kind of short version of the other romantic comedy anime I've seen.

Nao Yoshikawa and Hisashi Uehara moved into the same apartment. A year later they are now an official couple. Uehara's 16th birthday is coming up and Nao worries about what to buy him.

I would give this anime 3.5/5 stars or a 7/10 score which is pretty good considering it is just one episode that is 20 minutes long. I found it almost as enjoyable as the other romantic comedy anime I've seen, though I'd probably enjoy those more. The relationship between Nao and Uehara is also pretty good to and quite a love story in just one episode. There is a live action 2016 TV series that portrays the manga as well

True Love Story

True Love Story is probably the best OVA series I've reviewed in this post. True Love Story was a dating sim that was adapted into a 3 episode OVA series. I liked this series more than the others on this list and found it like a short version of the other great romance series I've seen. I will put some slight spoilers so.

********************************SPOILER ALERT*********************************

Morisaki Yuuta is a member of the photography club who has several women in his life but one particular girl will change his life for good. One girl will stand out of the girls who's an old friend.

I would give this anime 4/5 stars or a 8/10 score which is great for something that is just 3 episodes long. The only other OVA series on this post that can rival this is First Kiss Story. There were many enjoyable moments and lessons taught in the anime and Yuuta and Rina make a pretty adorable romantic couple. The ending is good though I did wish they kissed however it is official that they are a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment