Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Ask Dr. Rin! (Dr. Rin ni Kiitemite!) Review

I just finished watching an anime, Dr. Rin Kiitemite known in english as Ask Dr. Rin. Ask Dr. Rin started as a 8-volume manga written by Kiyoko Arai. It then became a 2001 anime series with 51 episodes in 2001 by Studio Comet. Okay there are really 52 but the last one is a special that's not really worth watching. Ask Dr. Rin is a magical girl romantic comedy anime. I liked Ask Dr. Rin and believe it deserves more attention.


Summary
Meirin Kanzaji is a junior high school student who possesses feng shui powers which can drive away evil spirits when they appear. She is actually the fortune teller Dr. Rin. She is in love with her friend, soccer club member, Yuuki Asuka. However, Asuka does not like fortune-telling and superstitious things.


My Thoughts
Magical girl anime is a rather popular genre although some seem to get more attention than others. I liked Ask Dr. Rin and believe it deserves more attention. Like many magical girl anime, Ask Dr. Rin also had a cute child-friendly style and love interests. While the show is kind of slow at first, I found it to be rather enjoyable. Also feel free to ship Meirin and Asuka because I believe this couple deserves more attention.


My Conclusion
I would give Ask Dr. Rin 4.5/5 stars or a 9/10 score. It was a rather enjoyable magical girl anime and I would recommend it if you are a fan of the magical girl genre. Another magical girl anime similar to Ask Dr. Rin is Hime-chan no Ribbon (Hime-chan's Ribbon) which I will watch and probably  review next.


No comments:

Post a Comment