Friday, August 31, 2018

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi (A Bridge to the Starry Skies) Review

I mentioned in My Review of To Heart 2 that I would watch Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi. Well, I just watched Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi or A Bridge to the Starry Skies in English, so of course I am going to review it! Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi started as a visual novel developed by Feng. Then Feng wrote a 2-volume 2011 manga on it. It then became a 12-episode 2011 anime series by Doga Kobo. Additionally there is a 26-minute OVA also by Doga Kobo. Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi is a romance harem anime. Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi has mixed reviews which is expected of a harem anime but I kind of did like it and the ending is what made it good for me. I will be talking about the ending so...

**************************!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!**************************



Summary
Kazuma Hoshino is preparing himself for a new life as a teenager. Because of his brother Ayumu's weaker than average health, their parents thought it best for the family to move out from the city to a more rural environment. Now the brothers set off to Yorozuyo Inn where they'll be staying until their parents can settle affairs back in the city and set up their new home. Their arrival does not go as planned when they get on the wrong bus, wind up in the middle of nowhere, Ayumu gets his hat stolen by a wild monkey, and Kazuma gets lost in the woods trying to track the animal down. It all leads to a chance encountered with a spirited young girl named Ui, who Kazuma ends up accidentally falling onto and kissing while she tries leading him back to the bus stop. This hardly sits well with Ui's friend Ibuki who kicks Kazuma and sends him on his way. Much to Kazuma's continued horror, his bad luck is perpetuated at the inn thanks to its landlady Senka and her slightly perverted sense of humor, and then finding out that two of his classmates are Ui and Ibuki! Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi finds Kazuma adapting to his new school, dealing with the multiple women who have entered his life, providing emotional support for his younger bother, and coping with living with his new landlady. However, for some reason, something about this place is bring whispers of the past into Kazuma's mind. Small flashes back to a more innocent time and a friendship long forgotten. What could this deja vu mean?


My Thoughts
There's mixed opinions about Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi but I honestly liked it. While there are some "mature" scenes in the anime, it wasn't enough to really ruin it for me. I've said it before, most harem anime are either hit or miss but this one managed somewhat nail it. The artwork and characters are pretty good. I mentioned Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi in My Endings Rant and while I would've preferred for Kazuma to end up with his childhood friend, Madoka, we all learned in Golden Time that childhood friends don't always end up together and you may meet new people you like. Anyway still think Ui is a pretty good match for Kazuma them confessing their love for each other in the last episode and the last scene with them kissing under the stars sealed the deal of which girl Kazuma will end up with.


My Conclusion
I would give Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi 4.5/5 stars or a 9/10 score. It was good romance harem anime and I recommend it for anyone else who is into the romance or harem genre. Two more similar harem romance anime I plan to watch and review in the future are Da Capo and Gift: Eternal Rainbow. I also plan on watching and reviewing Lamune, a similar romance anime that is not well known.


No comments:

Post a Comment