Monday, December 26, 2016

Ai Yori Aoshi Review

Ai Yori Aoshi a romance harem manga and anime written by Kou Fumizuki. Now this is probably one of the better harem romances I've seen but there are still ones that are better. There are some ecchi scenes but this anime has some rather sad moments and many heart-touching moments that are nothing less than compelling. What turned me off though was the ending. It is disappointing because anime had so much potential to be great. I don't want to give away spoilers but because this is a rant I will give a:

********************************SPOILER ALERT********************************


Summary
Kaoru Hanabishi is a college student who lives alone. One day he meets a beautiful girl named Aoi Sakuraba in the train station and takes her back to his apartment. It turns out the address she was looking for and was in his neighborhood and Kaoru and Koi are actually childhood friends shown from one of her photos. Aoi is Kaoru's betrothed fiancee who's come to Tokyo to marry him. Her revelation reveals the truth about Kaoru's past and why he left the Hanibishi family.

There are several other girls in this series but from the start it is obvious Aoi is the true right one for Kaoru and who can blame her?  Her kind caring personality with her looks and the fact that she and Kaoru knew each other as children makes them the perfect couple and Aoi the perfect wife. Hell I'd give anything to find a beautiful girl who cares and loves me as much  as she does and I'd return the same.


There are certain things though that really pissed me off. Generally my least favorite type of anime character is anyone who's a heartless, psychotic, a**hole who deserves to rot in hell and there's a couple of them in this series. Kaoru was abused and mistreated by the Hanabishi clan because of his mother and father's relationship. Kaoru's father died when he was very young. He was beaten when his heartless, senseless, pathetic excuse for a human being grandfather burned his dead mother's mementos. Personally I'd seek revenge and beat the s*** outta the old f***er. Later Kaoru's half-brother tries to marry Aoi to gain control over the Hanabishi Zaibatsu. Kaoru and Aoi confron Aoi's father a man who I despise with a burning passion in my heart. Kaoru gives ownership to his half-brother. Meanwhile he pleads with Aoi's father about his past and that Aoi's is essentially the only family he has left. Reluctantly her father lets Aoi and Kaoru be together but doesn't forgive Kaoru. Aoi's father only did it to make Aoi happy. Like f***ing hell give Kaoru a break you stupid protective old geezer! He's lost his parents, faced abuse, has no one but Aoi left and you're gonna take that away from. Hell I wouldn't blame Kaoru if he committed suicide or goes on a murder rampage because of it. You people essentially betrayed him. He deserves her more than anything still that can't get through your heartless thick skull. Personally, these two heartless, pathetic excuses for human beings, living creatures nonetheless make me want to jump through the screen and beat the old geezer's a** to a pulp then knock their old a**es out. Pick on someone who can fight back rather than an innocent young boy. Okay I went off on a tangent there didn't mean to and kind of went a little far!


So the ending was what kind of pissed me off because I was honestly expecting much more. Between Aoi and Kaoru becoming accepted by their and the ending there's plenty of heartwarming romantic moments which built things up for me but they do this ending. Essentially Tina Foster, one of Kaoru's American friends is leaving and everyone will miss her. I won't give anything away but I will say the ending should freaking end on the main character's not a supporting character and if you want to focus on the other's do it in the middle of the freaking anime. I mean 37 episodes and you wait till now! If you end an anime ending it with like the main focus couple kissing in a romantic setting or something or a wedding between them or something that shows the future. Now don't get me wrong it was still a happy ending because Kaoru and Aoi are together and it seems they will be married in the future! I did hear the Manga ends much better though so I will read that.

How it Could be Better
Well tell ya this, fix the damn ending! Again the ending should end with the two main characters rather than Tina. It would've been so much better if the writers of this anime had ended it with Kaoru and Aoi kissing under the stars or something or at least a picture of the two getting married. I mean this is an anime that had so many heart touchy moments and it made me feel it would end well but it didn't. This had so much potential to be great and possibly one of the best romance anime's I've seen but you just had to screw it up with the ending. This is not the only anime that had potential to be great but the writers f***ed up the ending too. I think the ending is very important, if not the most important part of an anime because that will leave a lasting impression. I will do another rambling ran about that but my cousin could write a better ending and he's 3.


My Conclusion
I would give this anime 4/5 stars or a 8/10 score. What messed it up? Do I need to repeat myself? The ending. Other than that the heartfelt moments and emotions did do it justice but the ending though is where the anime lost points and my satisfaction. If the ending were better then this anime would be getting a perfect score. Also I despise the characters of Kaoru's Grandad and Aoi's father for obvious reasons. At least in Clannad Nagisa family fully accepts Tomoya and takes him in as one of their own. Next, I will be reviewing some other anime I know had potential if the writers hadn't f**ed the ending. Later I will be reviewing great anime because the ending was just as great, if not better than the story itself. Some examples are below of the best ending anime!



No comments:

Post a Comment