Saturday, December 24, 2016

DearS Review

So it's been about a year since I watched this and I can't remember much of it and I will say I am glad I don't remember because this was probably the biggest piece of s*** anime I've ever seen. I mean it's just fan service, harem, annoying a** characters, and just the worst voice acting as far as I remember. The whole thing didn't even have a good plot to follow and the characters are just s***. Sorry about my language but I really F***in hate this anime. Plus I'm not the only one who hates this, my friends and other folks online hated this too. Because it's been a year I will just give a quick run-through.

Summary
So humanity has managed to make contact with extraterrestrial life. These humanoid aliens crashed into Tokyo and were nicknamed DearS. Takeya Ikuhara is a temperamental 17 year-old with a strong dislike for DearS because he believes aliens are fake, worthless beings planning to take over the earth. On his way home he discovers a homeless DearS named Ren. Reluctantly he takes her to his apartment to stay. Ren grows on Takeya while Takeya tries to dissociate himself from her and that's where I'll end.

How Could it be Better?
Now because I can't remember much of the actual "story". I can't say much about how to make this anime better and don't know if it even stands a chance of being good. I will say that probably put less fan service, ecchi, or hentai or whatever, have less annoying characters, and better voice acting. I mean most of these characters make me want to stab my eyes with hot needles then shove two more needles down my ears. There's pretty much too many of these f***ing overused lewd or "awkward" scenes that it's not even funny anymore! And that's not just with DearS but many other anime as well. Like find something new to do! The school teacher apparently is a busty perv with a shouta complex, the two main DearS are fairly clueless and annoying. Takeya is a pretty big jerk and not very nice either.


My Conclusion
I'd give this anime 0.5/5 stars or a 1/10 score. I'd give it a zero or below but I felt generous. This is simply just fan service with a rather cheesy plot, annoying characters, and almost no actual story. Aliens and humans together isn't bad because other shows like Teen Titans (Robin + Starfire), Iriya no Sora UFO no Natsu (Naoyuki + Kana), and Waiting in the Summer (Kaito + Ichika) have a human-alien couples which are pretty romantic and cute and you feel sad whenever they are in pain. These shows are way better with more emotional and better moments, better characters, better acting, and better overall in every way. DearS on the other hand is just plain cheesy with nothing real emotional to back it up. I really just want to unwatch this if I can. This is a pathetic excuse for an anime case closed!


No comments:

Post a Comment