Thursday, June 7, 2018

Gosick Review

I will be reviewing Gosick which I finished recently. Gosick started out as a manga series written by Kazuki Sakuraba. It was then adapted into a 24-episode anime series by Bones (Studio). Gosick is primarily a detective, historical drama, romance anime. I thought it was pretty cute and romantic but also got pretty dark and serious at times to. This is kind of like My Story too were I want to balance the action, romance, and comedy.


Summary
Kazuya Kujo, is a foreign student at Saint Marguerite Academy, a luxurious boarding school in the European country of Sauville. He is from Japan and because of his appearance, his peers often given the nickname "Black Reaper" based on a urban legend of a traveler who brings death in the spring. One day Kujo visits the school's library searching for ghost stories. There he finds a beautiful doll-like girl, Victorique de Blois, whose complex and imaginative foresight allows her to predict their futures, now intertwined. With more mysteries developing, Victorique and Kujo, bound by fate and their unique skills, now must rely on each other.


My Thoughts
I liked this anime as it was interesting and always had a way of keeping my attention. It had a pretty good balance of romance, comedy, and mystery. It was a pretty cute anime as well as you realize Victorique cares for Kazuya despite how she acts on the outside.


Comparison to My Story
As you probably know, I'm writing My Own Story. Since Victorique is somewhat of a tsundere she's quite a bit like Nina Moriko, the tsundere in My Story. Both act somewhat harsh towards their love interest and pretend not to like him at first but start to show sweetness and eventually fall in love him. Like many tsunderes Victorique acts in denial at first but comes to sense of her own feelings. Nina is no different, she argues with Taro Hachuu quite a bit at first but the two shows romantic feelings for each other later and realize how much they truly need one another as well.

Nina Moriko
Victorique de Blois














My Conclusion
I would give this anime 4.5/5 stars or a 9/10 score. It was an interesting anime with the right amounts of romance, comedy, and mystery and I was always looking forward to watching the next episode. I would highly recommend this anime if you like detective, historical-fiction, or romance. I'm really looking forward to watching a similar series with romance, mystery, and fantasy, Nishi no Yoki Majo: Astraea Testament (The Good Witch of the West).


No comments:

Post a Comment