Friday, June 22, 2018

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha (Inari Kon Kon) Review

I finished watching the anime Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha (Inari KonKon for short) so I am going to review it as you all guessed. Inari, Konkon was a manga written by Morohe Yoshida that was adapted into a 10-episode anime and additional OVA episode by Production IMS. Inari KonKon is a romantic comedy, supernatural anime. While I did wish there was some more plot development, I overall enjoyed this series and overall, I think this anime deserves more attention.


Summary
Despite being clumsy and shy, Inari Fushimi is very considerate of others. She also has a crush on Kouji Tandabashi, who she admires for being cheerful and hardworking. The problem is Inari's incurable shyness makes it difficult for her to express her feelings to Kouji. Inari KonKon starts with Inari taking a shortcut to school. She helps a fox pup that is about to fall into a river. Uka-no-Mitama-no-Kami, the god of the Inari shrine is thankful for Inari's kindness toward the young fox, who turns out to be a familiar named Kon. She fulfills one of Inari's wishes but this creates trouble. Inari now posses the power of a god even if it's a small portion. Otherworldly beings take an interest in her, for better or worse. What adventures await Inari, and will she be able to tell Kouji everything she has kept in her heart?


My Thoughts
I liked this anime and thought it was a pretty interesting, cute, and funny anime. For a few things the story is pretty shallow and most of the characters (aside from the main ones) are simple and forgettable. This was however a pretty cute anime though the manga goes into more detail. Because of this I might read the manga. I think Inari and Kouji are a pretty cute couple too (they become more of a 'couple' in the manga) so feel free to ship them!


My Conclusion
I would give this anime 4/5 stars or an 8/10 score. It wasn't the greatest but I still enjoyed it. I would recommend Inari KonKon if you're into supernatural or romantic comedy anime. Two other god-themed anime are Kannagi and Kamichu which are both on my watch list and I will review either one or both in the future. Another similar anime is a magical girl anime Hime-Chan no Ribbon which I also plan on watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment