Sunday, July 1, 2018

Da Capo II Review

It's been a while since I watched Da Capo II but I will review it because I'm going to review Da Capo III right after this. Okay I look forward to watching the 3 series in the Da Capo franchise but sequels usually aren't as good so I decided to watch the second and third ones before the original. If you don't know anything about the Da Capo franchise, each of them were once a visual novel by Circus and and each got their own manga and eventual anime series. Da Capo II was a 2 season 26-episode series along with 2 OVA created by Feel. Each of the Da Capo anime are a fantasy, harem, romantic comedy style anime. Da Capo II in particular was pretty good but there are ways it could improve which is why it probably wasn't as good as the original Da Capo.


Summary
On the island of Hatsunejima, 53 years after the the events of the original Da Capo, Sakura Yoshino continues to live on the island principal of the school that her relative, Yoshiyuki Sakurai attends. Next door to him are his friends, the Asakura sisters Yume and Otome, the granddaughters of Junichi and Nemu from the original series.


My Thoughts
While I haven't watched the entire original Da Capo series, I can predict that this was nowhere near as good as the first. Nevertheless it is still enjoyable in some ways. Like I've said before, harem are usually hit or miss and this one is no exception. The problem with the story is that it jumps around from one girl to another rather than narrowing on one specific girl. The plot is mostly a heartwarming tale for the most part and the visual effects are beautiful.


My Conclusion
I would give Da Capo II 4/5 stars or an 8/10 score. I would reccomend Da Capo II if you are a fan of romance anime and don't mind multiple girls without one that stands out. While it is enjoyable and pleasant there are ways this series could improve on especially if it followed a similar trend that the original Da Capo had. With that being said I look forward to watching the original Da Capo to see how this series started.


No comments:

Post a Comment