Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Ultra Maniac Review

I just finished watching Ultra Maniac so guess what? I'm going to review it! Ultra Manic was originally a 5-volume manga written by Wataru Yoshizumi. Then it was adapted into a 26-episode 2003 anime series, there is also a 2002 OVA. Ultra Maniac is a magical girl romantic comedy anime. I liked Ultra Maniac and I'm looking forward to watching the other magical girl anime on my watchlist.


Summary
Ayu Tateishi is an eighth-grader at Hideo Middle School, member of the tennis club, and is popular among girls in the school. Really she is an ordinary girl pretending to be cool, because of Kaji on the baseball team likes her. She is adored by transfer student Nina Sakura. Nina has a huge secret?! She is a young witch who transferred from the magic kingdom with magic computer and a treasure box. But this magic always causes big problems. Tetsushi Kaji, a up-and-coming ace of the baseball team, who is popular among the girls, and his friend, Hiroki Tsujiai, a calm and quiet member of the tennis club, and many others as well.


My Thoughts
Ultra Maniac goes at a rather slow pace but does have a pretty good story. I liked the characters quite a bit and Nina was probably my favorite. In fact this is probably one of the few times I liked another character better than the main character. (Ok she's also another girl I can only dream of too!) I would've liked to see Nina and Hiroki's relationship progress a bit further. However, the manga does go on further so I would probably read that.


My Conclusion
I would give Ultra Maniac 4/5 stars or a 8/10 score. While I did enjoy it and it was a good animew there are other magical girls series that progress further and that I'm looking forward to watching. One is Cardcaptor Sakura, a popular classic 1998 anime series with recently good a new sequel, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen in 2018. The other two are Miracle Girls and Nanatsuiro Drops which aren't as well known and are both very underrated and deserve more attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment