Thursday, February 14, 2019

2019 Valentines Day Post Part 1

I will be doing my annual Valentines Day post since it is about that time. My 2017 Valentines Day Post from 2 years ago became my most viewed post. Because I have so much to say and so many couples to mention I will actually be dividing this post into two parts so keep a look out for part 2 shortly. Now keep in mind with the number of anime and other media there are I had to limit the couples to just the one's within my knowledge and even then I can't post everything. I could probably put a good 200 couples in these posts and that would still be too short! If there is a couple you think should be on here or in these categories, please read part 2 as well and if these still isn't then feel free to comment. Also, many couples can fit into different categories among these posts and while I will list their names, I will only explain them once. I'm kind of a sucker for romance and I'm a guy too mainly because I'm single so I need something to fill that empty void of loneliness. As I always do I will talk about what makes a good couple. During part 2 I will be talking about My story again and feel free to ship these couples. I want their love stories to be great, the very opposite of Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey. Feedback is wanted and so is CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism. This is also kind of based off my opinion on what I've watched. If yours is different then that's fine! I'm 23 and single so there's pretty much only one thing to do after posting parts 1 & 2! Finally, I may reveal some endings to the anime so...

*************************!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!*************************


Love Song: A Thousand Years-Christina Perri
This song is the only good thing about the Twilight Saga. Christina Perri has such a beautiful voice and words alone cannot describe how beautiful this song is. This song seems to describe the power of love that no matter what you will always have that person and love them regardless of what obstacles or challenges you may face. It's about loving someone forever regardless of what comes between you.


What Makes a Good Couple
If you have ready my previous Valentines Day Posts you will probably know what I expect out of a good couple. If not I will explain once more. The chemistry between a pair and how well they do together is what makes them likable or not. I also, look to see how much two people truly care for each other and go out of their way for the other. Age is another factor, I usually prefer couples around the same age plus or minus a few years. While I was initially attracted to girls my age I have started having a preference for slightly older girls (NOT COUGARS!). Plus it's cool and you become the talk of the town if you get with an older girl. I do like it as well when I come across an anime with a slightly older girl and younger boy. There's more to romance but I just want to do a short summary.

Worst Couples (Again get the worst out of the way first)
Worst love stories ever! I will describe these couples when I do but they are really F***ing awful and just horrible.

Edward Cullen + Bella Swan (Twilight)- Like I've mentioned before, just no. They might have the worst chemistry of any couple and almost everyone can agree with that statement. Edward and Bella are pretty much always ranked towards the bottom when it comes to love stories. Again Christina Perri's song is the only good thing about this series.


Ana Steele + Christian Grey (50 Shades of Grey)- Again, just no. I think in this case 50 Shades of Grey would give Twilight a run for its money for worst love story. This movie makes everyone sick and it is just Twilight all over again.


School Days Pairings- one of the most f***ed up anime I've come across. It's basically just blood, guts, and gore with some romance and dating. If you're into violence and blood, then go for School Days, if you want actually romance watch something else.


Kirino Kosaka + Kyosuke Kosaka (Oreimo)- This is probably the most incest anime I've ever come across. Kirino and Kyosuke are BROTHER and SISTER, oh yeah and they're BLOOD RELATED too! I understand being close and loving your sibling as a FAMILY member, but don't they realize there are other boys and girls out there who are not their own brother or sister? If you love incest you'll love this anime.


Goku + Chi-Chi (Dragon Ball)- I personally don't hate this couple but I know a lot of people who do, especially DBZ fans. Chi-Chi is quite annoying and many of us wonder why Goku picked a woman like her. Also, Goku accepted her hand in marriage because he was confused and didn't know what a bride was. Personally, though they had Gohan and Goten together so it wasn't really all bad. I don't think there as bad as the other worst couples I'm listing.


Jennifer + Scott Petkov- If you know who these people are then you'd probably agree with me. If not then I will explain. They basically taunted a dying 7 year old girl with Huntington's Disease all because Jennifer was unhappy about not being invited to a party. (What a stupid reason) This included driving around a car with a coffin in the back and posting pics of a grim reaper with the line, "when will she die." Scott defends his b**** wife's actions. All over not being invited to a party. One of the ugliest pairings as well. Scott looks like a fatass on pot. Jennifer is ugly inside and out as well and ballsacks look better than her eyelids.


Amy + Samy Bougzaglo (Amy's Baking Company)- If you've ever watched Kitchen Nightmares, these two are the most infamous duo on that show. I will explain, from Amy's Baking company we have crazy b**** Amy and her husband, old hag Samy who looks like her father or grandpa. Two rudest worst restaurant owners ever. Amy is a hypocrite who gives blondes a bad name and both are disgusting with the way they treat their customers and employees. I've worked in customer service before and I understand it's not easy but if you watch this episode, they way they treat other people in general is horrendous added with taking the waiter's tips. Well their place is shut down and who knows maybe if we're lucky they'll be hunted down and given a dose of KARMA.


Average/Mixed Reviews
These couples are mixed reviews, some like them, some hate them, and some are just indifferent. I personally have different opinions but most of them I'm indifferent or kind of support but are not great. Also this is partly based off my opinion and what I've seen and heard. If your's differs that's fine.

Kirito/Kazuto Kirigaya + Asuna Yuuki (Sword Art Online)- SAO just seems to be one of those anime people either love or hate and it's the same with the love story. I'm personally in between but do like of like it. Asuna is considered a neo-tsundere and changes pretty quickly. Kirito and Asuna begin to bond and how how much they care about each other throughout the series. While the first SAO may have seemed entertaining it kind of got old after that for me.


Saito Hiraga + Louise Francoise Le Blanc de La Valliere (The Familiar of Zero/Zero no Tsukaima)- There are mixed opinions on this couple as Louise is a tsundere. At first, Louise is rude, mean, and even abusive towards Saito, but does show feelings for him. Saito's not thrilled about it either but does become loyal to Louise and cares for her as well. Saito even dies and is then resurrected which Louise shows how much she does love him. Eventually, they marry in the end. I'm indifferent on this couple see both the good and bad on this ship.


Tenma Tsukamoto + Kenji Harima + Oji Karasuma (School Rumble)- Personally, I think this anime is overrated and I'm not a fan of the concept. Because I don't want to go into the same detail twice I'll just explain this love triangle. Kenji likes Tenma but Tenma likes Oji but Oji doesn't return her feelings. It's just very one-sided!


Sesshomaru + Rin (Inuyasha)- While other fans seem to like these two as a couple, I don't really like them. Rin looks up to Sesshomaru and Sesshomaru does care for Rin, I see it as more of a father-daughter, guardian-child, or even a older brother-younger sister type relationship. I mean Sesshomaru is way older than Rin which actually makes a relationship as a couple wrong and I think I'm one of the very few who's bothered by this. Okay, Inuyasha is chronologically way older than Kagome but physically and mentally they are around the same age. Sesshomaru is a grown man while Rin is still a little girl. I actually think Rin is better off with Kohaku.


Ash/Satoshi Ketchum+ Serena (Pokemon X&Y)- Ash has had many female sidekicks along his journey so this will be very complicated. Serena actually knew Ash before joining him on his travels. She is romantically interested in him whereas it seems his other female friends see him as a traveling companion. It's too bad that when they do kiss is when she is departing but at least they'll remember each other!


Ash/Satoshi Ketchum + Other Pokemon Girls- This would so much longer if I was to list Ash's other potential suitors so I will just summarize it. The writers pretty much just take out one love interest and put in another one for Ash. This is a little confusing and gets pretty annoying. I wish they would just have Ash stick with one girl.


Naruto Couples- Okay the series has pretty much resolved itself now. But if anyone thought love triangles were complicated, try explaining the beginning of this one. (Except for Ranma 1/2!) Naruto likes Sakura but Sakura likes Sasuke who doesn't like Sakura in return, at first. Hinata also has feelings for Naruto but at first he just sees her as a friend. I guess things turn around for good as Naruto eventually returns his feelings for Hinata and the two get married. The same happens for Sasuke and Sakura.


Should've Been Couples
I feel these characters should've been couples or at least officially. I don't like when an anime ends with an unresolved love story and most of these anime I didn't like the ending for that reason. Some anime leave the romance unresolved but the manga runs longer and usually resolves the romantic situations and I may or may not include them depending on how I feel. I mentioned Princess Tutu and Wind: A Breath of Heart in my Endings Rant. Keep in mind, I could've listed about 100 pairs who should've been couples and that still wouldn't have been enough!

Ahiru Arima + Fakir (Princess Tutu)- While I understand this anime has a concept of fate and free will it is still pretty disappointing to me that Fakir and Ahiru weren't able to end up as a couple. I know that they are still friends but I believe they truly deserved to be together even more so than Mytho and Rue. They really deserved to have an actual happy ending.


Kenchi Masaki + Lashara Earth XXVIII (Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar/Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari)- In this Tenchi Muyo spinoff we have Kenchi, Tenshi's half brother in a similar harem situation. It has hinted that Princess Lashara liked Kenchi and I think this anime would've been so much better had the two ended up as couple. Okay I admit, Kenchi kind of looks like me and I'd love to have Princess like Lashara as my girlfriend/wife. I'm not really into the Tenchi Muyo series anyway.

Ricca Morizono + Kiyotaka Yoshino (Da Capo III)- In my review, I was pretty disappointed in this anime as it leaves a harem unresolved. I'll admit, I'm jealous of Kiyotaka and I'd do anything to be in his place. I think Ricca was honestly the best girl for him and she truly loved him. There is a slight hint that they will end up together but I would've loved to see them tie the knot and become an official couple. Okay, I admit again, Kiyotaka looks like me and Ricca is one of the most beautiful anime girls I've seen so far and I would love to have someone like her as my girlfriend!


Makoto Okano + Minamo Narukaze (Wind: A Breath of Heart)- This started as a visual novel developed by Minori, the same company that developed Ef: A Fairy Tale of the Two. It had so much potential yet f***ing it up with its ending. It leaves off a cliffhanger which pisses me off! It was clear Makoto and Minamo did have some feelings for each other but leaves it off with Minamo angrily confronting Makoto about her feelings but still saying she loved him. WTF!? Like that's the end?! Give some sign that Makoto and Minamo still love each other. The relationship between Makoto and Minamo should've been resolved which would've made this anime so much better.


Tooru Kokonoe + Julie Sigtuna (Absolute Duo)- I enjoyed this romance, fantasy, harem anime and it did seem Tooru and Julie had something going on. Julie was definitely the best fit for Tooru. Julie was shown to like Tooru several times and it seemed Tooru might've felt the same way back. I think their relationship should've been taken to the next level.


Takaaki Kouno + Konomi Yuzuhara (To Heart 2)- I did enjoy this harem anime and I feel Konomi was the best match for Takaaki. Konomi has had feelings for Takaaki since they were little. Konomi also seems the closest to Takaaki out of all the girls. t's cute how Konomi clings to Takaaki and is always by his side pretty much. The endings not bad as Takaaki and Konomi are still on good terms with each other but I would've liked to see something more.


Sheeta + Pazu (Castle in the Sky)- I love Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki and this was one of my favorites. It was pretty clear that Sheeta and Pazu had feelings for each other. They care for each other deeply and Pazu does anything to keep Sheeta safe. I feel they should've shown some obvious sign they were in love like kiss or something but that's really my only complaint about this film.


Inari Fushimi + Kouji Tanbabashi (Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha)- Now let me explain, Inari and Kouji do become more of a couple in the manga. With that being said Inari likes Kouji and they did show signs that they might've harbored feelings for each other. I feel this anime would've been better if their relationship progressed a bit more and they are a pretty cute couple.


Yoshimori Sumimura + Tokine Yukimura (Kekkaishi)- I do not regret watching Kekkaishi but I would've liked to see more character development, especially between Yoshimori and Tokine. They did show some signs that they liked each other and they are childhood friends after all. Yoshimori is younger and shorter than Tokine which is more reason why I would've liked to see them as a couple if you know from reading my other blog posts.


Rin Okumura + Shiemi Moriyama (Ao no Exorcist/Blue Exorcist)- Their relationship goes further in the manga but it's left off on a cliffhanger in the anime. While Rin and Shiemi do show some feelings for each other it doesn't really progress much in the anime. I know lots of us would be so happy if they got together. I did enjoy this anime though!


Unresolved Harems- One of my pet peeves is when a harem finishes unresolved. As may know, harems are usually hit or miss for me and the ones I do like, there is one love interest who stands out, is clearly the best for the main characters, and is shown to end up with him in the end. Many harem would be better if the main character ending up with the one who was best for them and it was obvious in the end.


Best/Popular Couples
I could probably list 200 couples and that would still be too short. For that reason I'm just going to list the ones I and most people seem to like.

Robin + Starfire (Teen Titans)- Not an anime but an anime inspired cartoon that I watched all the time growing up. Like most fans I loved both Robin and Starfire always seemed to have feelings for each other. From the beginning it was clear that they cared for each other. Eventually, they share a kiss in the movie Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo and become an official couple.


Sakura + Syaoran (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles)- I just had to include these two in a Valentines Day Post. Sakura and Syaoran have known each other since they were children until Sakura loses her memories. Syaoran goes on a journey to retrieve her memories and they fall in love again and we see how they truly and deeply care for each other. We see that Syaoran will go to the ends of the earth for Sakura. I reviewed this anime, and while I liked it, I was disappointed that they didn't even kiss. I know that CLAMP knows how to make better endings and I've seen great endings from their other anime like Cardcaptor Sakura, Chobits, and Kobato. I mean it was really obvious they were in love. They better get married! I swear if they don't get married in any future manga/anime I will go ballistic.


Sakura Kinomoto + Syaoran Li (Cardcaptor Sakura) (Clear Card)- How could I make a Valentines Day Couples post and not include these two and getaway with it especially with including TRC? CCS is a spectacular classic anime with a recent 2018 sequel and Sakura and Syaoran are just adorable together. Without a doubt the OTP of the show and I have never met a single person who hated them as a couple and I don't see a single reason to hate them. Like most people I absolutely just can't get enough of this couple. While they start off as rivals they become friends. We see Syaoran warm up and show his soft side to Sakura's warmth, kindness, and soft feelings. Syaoran starts to have feelings for Sakura and she begins to return his feelings. Syaoran confesses and Sakura returns his confession saying she loves him too. They're always looking out for each other, Sakura's cute, Syaoran's cute, and together they're just so adorable. The movie and manga to the original manga and anime ended great as I stated in my review. We also got more moments between them in the new Clear Card Arc in 2018. While many of us wanted them to kiss they are still 13 so they will have plenty of time but when they do that will be the greatest thing to happen in the history of this series apart from them getting married. The Clear Card manga is still running so I will probably read that and see where their relationship goes next.


Banri Tada + Koko Kaga (Golden Time)- This is by one of the best romantic comedy anime I've seen. There are some different opinions on this couple but I put them here because I love these two as a couple. Banri and Koko hit it off pretty early in Golden Time. Of course there are conflicts as well. I know some people preferred for Banri to end up with Linda but the lesson in Golden Time is that childhood friends don't always end up together. I actually liked Golden Time more than Toradora as Golden Time had a much better ending and it seems Banri and Koko are going to get married.


Inuyasha + Kagome Higurashi (Inuyasha)- I don't think anyone would ever forgive me if I didn't include these two on a Valentines Day couples list. While there are some haters, Inuyasha and Kagome are a popular couple. They don't get along at first but start to change throughout the series. Inuyasha becomes kinder, and more sympathetic and caring towards others, and Kagome shows her feelings and cares for Inuyasha more. They help each other out and are stronger together than if they were alone. They show that love can conquer obstacles and overcome whatever's thrown in their way. There are conflicting ideas about Kagome or Kikyo. While I'm support Inuyasha and Kagome, most of the main characters would be dead if it weren't for Kikyo.


Shana + Yuji Sakai (Shakugan no Shana)- There are some differing opinions on this couple but most of them are positive. Shana and Yuji are probably one of my favorite tsundere couples. Shana was cold and feisty toward Yuji at first but develops feelings for him and really cares about him. Yuji started to feel the same way. Of all tsunderes, Shana probably changed the most out of any character, going from being cold, cruel, and angry to being warm, kind, and caring. While there are different opinions about the way the anime ended, I actually liked it. Shana and Yuji are happy and together.


Kotaru Azumi + Akane Mizuno (Tsuki ga Kirei)- Tsuki ga Kirei was probably the greatest romance anime of 2017. Azumi and Mizuno meet each other during their last years of junior high school and as usual develop feelings for each other. We see them go through the stages of falling in love as well as the joys and struggles they go through. Azumi and Mizuno prove that if you want something bad enough you'll do whatever you can to get it and that no matter the distance or obstacles, love is strong triumph over them.


Eita Izumi + Mio Natsume (Just Because!)- While not as good as Tsuki ga Kirei, Just Because is still more than worth watching. Here we are taken on more of a slower journey with Eita, Mio, Ena, a love rival, and their friends. Here we see a slow process but pleasant process of Eita and Mio trying to sort their feelings out and falling in love as well as the difficulties in life and the decisions they have to make. Ena may have not gotten Eita which also teaches us that not everyone can win.


Kobato Hanato + Kiyokazu Fujimoto (Kobato)- Another great series by CLAMP. Like most CLAMP stories it starts off being kind of cute, innocent, and funny but becomes very emotional and heartfelt towards the end. Fujimoto acted like he didn't like Kobato at first but starts to warm up to her and shows how much he really cares about her. Kobato's kindness and soft feelings don't change and she begins to show feelings for Fujimoto as well. The ending was great and packed a emotional punch.


Usagi Tsukino + Mamoru Chiba (Sailor Moon) (Crystal)- I doubt anyone would forgive me if I didn't include these two. Sailor Moon was probably the most popular magical girl anime. While they initially don't like each other they begin to come to terms with their feelings. They are also incarnations of Princess Serenity and King Endymion. Mamoru breaks up with Usagi in order to protect her however, once they get back together they are an even stronger couple. Throughout the series we see how much they truly love and care about each other. In the end, Mamoru keeps his promise and they marry.


Yuuta Togashi + Rikka Takanashi (Love, Chunibyo, & other Delusions/Chunibyo demo Koi ga Shitai)- Another anime that looks cute, innocent, and funny at first but really hits you emotionally. It starts with Yuuta suffering from Chunibyo or delusions in middle school and was embarrassing for him. He tries to escape it in a new high school until he meets Rikka who suffers from the same thing and knows about Yuuta. However, we see the sad and tragic behind their delusions. Yuuta and Rikka fall in love and we see how much Yuuta deeply cares for Rikka. The new movie Take on Me in 2018 was amazing and really took their relationship to the next level.


Howl + Sophie (Howl's Moving Castle)- Probably the most popular of the Studio Ghibli couples. Sophie goes to Howl for help and they fall in love. They do become official in the end and are shown living together.


Chihiro Ogino + Haku (Spirited Away)- Spirited Away was probably the greatest film made by Studio Ghibli and director Hayao Miyazaki. Haku helps Chihiro when she become lost. Chihiro saves Haku's life in return because he's helped out so much. In the movie we see how much they really care for one another and help each other out. While it's not official it does seem they have fallen in love.


Keiichi Morisato + Belldandy (Ah! My Goddess/Ah! Megami Sama)- One of anime that gives me some hope cause the guy is kind of like me. Keiichi gets taken advantage of and can't seem to win anyone over and has the worst of luck. Goddess, Belldandy appears when Keiichi calls the wrong number. Keiichi wishes for Belldandy to stay by his side and she accepts. Regardless of any flaws, they truly care about one another and will go out of their way for each other. I like this anime cause it portrays a loser type of guy ("kind of like me") who gets a girlfriend who's beautiful inside and out.


Tomoya Okazaki + Nagisa Furukawa (Clannad/Clannad Afterstory)- By far one of the saddest anime series. While a lot of people love Clannad, I didn't really enjoy it that much probably because of the hype. I get the emotions and sadness and feelings but I didn't really find it that great. Tomoyo is living a rough life with his mother dead and an alcoholic father. He befriend Nagisa who suffers from numerous health problems. They share feelings for each other and care about each other so much.


Mitsuki Koyama + Takuto Kira (Full Moon wo Sagashite/Searching for the Full Moon)- Having watched and reviewed this, this anime was a sad emotional adventure but gave me hope with its ending as well so it got 5 stars from me. Mitsuki has a dream to become a singer to fulfill her promise to her childhood friend Eichi Sakurai but suffers from a throat tumor. Shinigami ("death spirits"), Takuto and Meroko come to help Mitsuki achieve her dreams of being a singer after informing her she has one year left to live. Many events happen throughout the anime including Mitsuki find out Eichi has died. Mitsuki eventually realizes her own feelings for Takuto and we see they care about each other enough that they'd give anything for each other. The ending really packed an emotional punch and was the cherry on top and gives us hope for Mitsuki, Takuto, and everyone else.


Kyoko Otonashi + Yusaku Godai (Maison Ikkoku)- This is a classic romantic comedy 1986 anime written by Rumiko Takahashi. We see a 20 year-old-college student Godai who lives in a boarding house, Maison Ikkoku. Kyoko, a 22 year-old widow, takes over as landlady. Throughout the series we see Kyoko still cherishing her dead husband and the relationship between Kyoko and Godai develop. Eventually, Kyoko comes to terms that while Godai can't fully replace her deceased husband, she still falls in love with him and feels true love once again.


Ikki Kurogane + Stella Vermillion (Chivalry of a Failed Knight/Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry)- I loved this 2015 fantasy romance anime and Ikki and Stella are probably my favorite tsundere couple. At first, Ikki, a low rank student, and Stella, a high rank blazer who's also a princess, are forced to share a room together. While not thrilled about it at first the two come to terms with their feelings. Stella's a tsundere but changes rather quickly as she's a neo-tsundere. We see them share many moments throughout the series with Stella accepting Ikki's proposal. So they will probably be getting married.


Kaito Kirishima + Ichika Takatsuki (Ano Natsu de Matteru/Waiting in the Summer)- I watched this anime and loved it but I'm not sure if my heart can really take the ending another time, but it does have a positive twist to it. I really love this couple as these two are star-crossed lovers with Icihika being from anther planet. Kaito's 2 years younger and shorter than Ichika which is another reason I love this couple. After they confess they kiss, like that's a huge thing. In the 12-episodes this anime ran we get plenty of times we see how much the love and care about each other. The ending will leave bullet holes in your heart but does have a happy hint to it. The footage of Ichika with Nanami's gift showing she was able to return to earth.


Mitsuyoshi Tada + Teresa Wagner/Teresa de Larsenburg (Tada Kun wo Koi ga/Tada Never Falls in Love)- This romantic comedy from Doga Kobo recently came out in 2018 and my god I really feel for the characters. While Tada and Teresa are in love, Teresa is a princess who's engaged to someone else for the her own country. I feel for Tada as pretty much every girl I like has a boyfriend. However after Teresa's fiance calls off the wedding, they are able to come together in a happy ending.


Best Romance in Non-Romance Anime
Here is a new category I'm including in this years Valentines Day Post. Most anime and stories in general have some sort of romance even if the anime or manga isn't tagged as one. For this reason I will be listing my favorite love stories from Non-Romance Anime or anime where romance isn't a major focus point.

Jin Mikuriya + Nagi (Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens)- Kannagi has a interesting concept of the supernatural. Jin awakens the goddess Nagi. Nagi loses her memories and Jin helps recover her memories at the same time she falls in love with him.


Shouya Ishida + Shouko Nishimiya (Koe no Katachi/A Silent Voice)- While not exactly something with romance. I did want to talk about it. Shouya bullied Shouko who is deaf until he is singled out himself. Eventually, Shouya decides to redeem himself and make amends with Shouko. Shouko often feels bad and perceives that she is a burden to everyone else which drives her to suicide. Shouya saves her but falls from the balcony himself and is in a coma. After the two finally make amends and asks to stop Shouko to stop blaming herself and to help each other continue to live. Shouya realizes that everyone forgives him and is able to overcome his past mistakes. It does seem Shouya and Shouko do have feelings for each other too. This movie alone is sad and emotional and really hits you with but is also heartwarming and satisfying as well.


Rokuro Ena + Benio Adashino (Sousei no Onmyouji/Twin Star Exorcists)- This 2016-17 anime was fantastic and did a great job of combining the elements of action, supernatural, fantasy, and romantic comedy in one. Like many couples Rokuro and Benio aren't to thrilled about having to work with each other at first but as they continue working together they develop feelings for one another as this series goes on. We see them fall in love and accept that they will get married as well.


Hayato Kazami + Asuka Sugo (Future GPX Cyber Formula)- I believe this anime deserves more attention. We see Hayato a driver in Cyber Formula strive to become one of the best. His older childhood friend Asuka cares about him and starts to support his dream. In one moment Hayato suffers from a near fatal crash and we see Asuka nursing him while he is injured. There are many moments between Hayato and Asuka throughout the series. In the end, they get married with Hayato continuing his racing career.


Tomomoi Matsunaga + Yuuya Noda (Miracle Girls)- I really enjoyed this classic magical girl anime and it is really underrated. Tomomi and Mikage are identical twins with differing passions and secret powers. Tomomi and Yuuya are boyfriend and girlfriend and they both help each other out throughout the story. I really think these two deserve more attention.


Mikage Matsunaga + Hideaki Kurashige (Miracle Girls)- Pretty much the same as above I think this anime deserves more attiontion. Tomomi and Mikage are identical twins with differing passions and secret powers. Like Tomomi, Mikage also has someone she likes. Hideaki returns Mikage's feelings as well. These two also deserve more attention.


Kenji Ninomiya + Yurie Hitotsubashi (Kamichu!)- This is such an underrated anime that I think should get more attention. Yurie, a shy, klutzy, cute, and lovable girl who becomes a goddess, tries to get Kenji, clueless boy into calligraphy, to notice her. Eventually we are given hints that they have feelings for each other and Yurie mentions to her friends that Kenji is her boyfriend in the last episode. They are an adorable couple and deserve more attention. Kamichu is cute, innocent, and charming, yet heartwarming at the same time.


Yusuke Urameshi + Keiko Yukimura (Yu Yu Hakusho)- The Dragon Ball Z of the 1990s. The love story in YYH is much better than DBZ. Yusuke and Keiko are childhood friends who have known each other for a while. While they do fight, it's because they truly care about each other and support one another.


Yoshichika Tsurugi + Athena/Atena (Luck & Logic)- I liked this 2016 anime from Doga Kobo. It is hinted that Yoshichika and Athena have some feelings for each other several times throughout the anime as they work together. They make a good couple and I think they should get more attention.


Suzuko + Shukumaru (Fire Tripper)- This was just one 50-minute OVA but I think of it as a short movie and it was fantastic so I would be happy if it was made into a TV anime. The manga Fire Tripper was written by the great Rumiko Takahashi also known for Inuyasha and this story shares many similarities. Suzuko, age 17, is suddenly transported to civil war Japan when she meets Shukumaru, age 16. Suzuko finds out she was not her real parent's daughter and was found after she was transported from the civil war era as a young girl. She also learns Shukumaru was her neighbors young boy who was transported to the civil war era where he was raised. We see them develop feelings for each other and show how much they care about one another. In the end they get married and live in the civil war era withe ending scene being them standing on top of a hill together.


That's a rap for this post. Please Read Part 2 when I post it and if you have any couples that should be added, feel free to post them in the comments.

Now I'm 23 single and there's one thing for me to do other than post this and part 2, and that's the one thing everyone single and 21 and over does on Valentines Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment